Sometimes just regular sprays aren’t going to phase your 6 legged friends. Which means you have to come with something bigger and better. Not many people even know that this is a thing. But it is and very effective at that.
It isn’t always the first thing to go for. But depending on what you have previously done or how big the bug situation is. You may not have another choice. This is the M.O.A.B of all bug killers.
No, you can’t literally blow bugs up. Well, you can. But it wouldn’t be beneficial to your house or safety doing such. So we will stick with the more humane way of handling bug issues.
A bug bomb is basically a fogger that fogs up the area that it is thrown in. With a fog filled with things that bugs don’t like and it kills them. But I want to warn you to be very careful when using bug bombs.
If you do not know how to use them correctly. Get in touch with someone who does. There are a few things you will want to make sure you do before cracking open a bug bomb in your home. Like the following below.
- Make sure that you have all of your food/cups/plates/silverware etc. covered or in a safe place. You don’t want to eat anything with the poison of bug killer on it. That won’t be good at all.
- If you have pets/children etc. get them out of the area where you are planning to place the bug bomb.
- Clean the area thoroughly after you have used a bug bomb. You want to make sure that everything is clean and you minimize your chances of getting sick from lingering bug bomb residue.
- Use safety equipment such as gloves and safety glasses and anything else you deem necessary.
- Do not use them around any lit flame. So if you have a fireplace or candle that is active. Be sure to put those out before using a bug bomb. If not you could burn your house down very quickly.
- Do not play with bug bombs. The name sounds cool and all. But these things can hurt you if not handled carefully. The fog if inhaled can be really bad. If it gets in your eyes I’m sure it will be equivalent to getting pepper sprayed. You don’t want that feeling to trust me.
You now have the safety information cleared and marked off the checklist. Now I’m going to name a few brands you can buy in various local stores and every online
Bug Bomb Brands
- Hot Shot
- Black Flag
- Killer Green