Let’s say you’re just getting off work it’s late the house is dark your tired and just ready to lay it down for the night. As would anyone after coming home from their job.
You unlock your door and turn on your lights and see a bunch of little-uninvited friends scurry into every direction imaginable.
You just might have an infestation on your hands. That is usually the first sign.
Today we are going to go over a few things about bug infestations and what you can do to combat them. But first, you must identify the issue and game plan with precision.
Signs That Your House Is Infested With Bugs – What Can You Do?
Now having a bug problem and having a bug infestation are two totally different things and require different approaches.
- A bug problem is usually less severe and can be handled with relative ease.
- A bug infestation is going to contain a lot more bugs and is usually a harder problem to fix and requires a lot more work.
So before reading any further make sure that your issue is, in fact, an infestation. So you’ll know the correct way to approach the issue.
Here are a few signs that will let you know if your house is infested with bugs
- Tons of Bug Poop – If you don’t have a pet bug/bugs. There shouldn’t be loads of bug crap in your home for any reason. You my friend got an infestation on your hands.
- Tons Of Bugs – This is the most obvious one of them all. If you move something from an area and bugs scurry everywhere. You guessed it. Infestation live and in effect.
- Hearing Crawling Sounds In The Walls/Roof – I had an incident where I lived in this trailer with a buddy of mine. At night I would hear what seemed to be hundreds of small legs moving all over the roof. It was very disturbing and many nights I did not even sleep out of fear of something biting me or crawling in my mouth while I slept. Come to find out it was an infestation. I forget what type of bug the guy said it was it was an odd one. Nothing like what we are used to. But it loved sheetrock and it was, in fact, eating it and that’s was what I was hearing. These bugs were eating the sheetrock on the roof of this trailer.
- Little Bite Marks On Food – Things like cake, chips, candy etc attract all kinds of bugs. More so roaches and ants than anything else. But most of the time you will wake up and notice that your food has been bitten on or whatever it’s in has been bitten on. Most likely a bug infestation or a hungry child lol.
These are all are very serious signs of a major bug issue.
Know The Type Of Bug Infesting Your Home
This is the most important thing of them all in my opinion. You need to know what kind of bug is actually infesting your home. Because it would sure suck if you went all out combat mode for fleas and your issue is really roaches.
You have a few ways you can find this out and they are the following
- Set Out Traps – I don’t mean like traps that are designed to kill the bug. But a trap more like bait. Set out something sweet if that doesn’t get any hits try different types of food till you get it right. If you have an infestation and if they’re eating this will surely bring them out to at least allow you to identify them.
- Step On Or Squish Them – You may just so happen to catch one of these little critters running across the floor or kitchen cabinet. If you have the guts to just kill it right there and see what it is if it’s still somewhat recognizable.
- Call A Professional – Have a bug exterminator come out to your place and do what they need to and get you your answer.
Find Out What’s Keeping The Bugs At Your Home
Most of the time its one of two things that cause serious bug infestations. This can be worse if both issues are present. But those two things are clutter and food. That’s like dying and going to heaven for bugs that infest homes.
If your house is clean and you don’t have food lying all over the place. Then your issue may be within the home or land your home is on itself.
It could’ve just been built in a bad location which happens a lot, especially in wooded areas.
Find Out What The Bugs Don’t Like
If your issue is being caused by food or clutter. Then just simply clean up. Not your ordinary clean up though. I mean like a full rundown thoroughly throughout the entire home. Make it as clean as you can. Don’t give the bugs anywhere to hide or get comfortable.
Don’t leave food sitting on the counter and be sure to close everything food related very tightly. If you drop crumbs on the floor sweep or vacuum it up as soon as possible.
Taking away the bugs food source and their cover will make them at least think about going elsewhere to get it.
Do All You Can First
Now that you have pretty much prep yourself for war. It’s time to battle.
You will need to do all you can first before seeking expert help. Simply because its a whole hell of a lot cheaper. But if you have the money to spend and wish to do so be my guess.
The bug bombs are extremely effective when dealing with home infestations because they can get into places that you cant. Like inner walls, cracks, high places etc. Leaving nowhere for the bugs to hide or retreat.
Make sure all children, pets, anything breathing that you love is out of the area when this is taking place. You do not want them inhaling these fumes. Also when it is over be sure to wipe everything down. Preferably with wet wipes or something a-like using air fresheners will help if it leaves a lingering odor.
The sprays can just be something you keep on hand and use on what you can handle. Like if you see a line of ants streaking through your kitchen. That would be the perfect time to use your spray.
Here are my recommend brands for each.
Get whatever you need for your current bug issue. I’ve had experiences with many of these products and most get the job done the first time.
How To Tell If Your House Is No Longer Infested With Bugs
Well, this is the easy part. Youll notice a cleaner feel in the house. If you had bug poop all over the place and its no longer there after you’ve done what I instructed in the paragraph above. Then most likely your issue is solved or coming to an end. If you see dead bugs by the truckload all over the place. Yes, the bug bomb did what it was supposed to and most likely the bugs are a thing of the past.
It may take some time to completely rid yourself of the bugs. But as long as you are effectively killing them and keeping your place clean. Eventually, they will all go away. Because they will not have any reason to be there.
It’s important to make sure you don’t fall back into any old habits that caused the bug infestation in the first place. Because trust me it is one demoralizing feeling thinking you’ve gotten past this and you see the enemy run across the kitchen counter. Then it starts all over again.
Now for those of you who have infestations due to where your home is or what its built on may want to have a look at the next paragraph.
Seek Professional Help
If your plan didn’t go according to plan or your issue isn’t clutter/food related then I would highly recommend that you call a professional and see if they can handle the issue. 9/10 they do but like I said before they aren’t cheap.
You now have the blueprint. I’ve given you a wealth of information on how to not only identify the issue. But how you can go to war with them and hopefully come out victorious.
Thanks for reading feel free to comment and share with a friend.